Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Small Target Haul!!

From top to bottom: Maybelline Tattoo Eyeshadow in Bold Gold, Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral, Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Hot Tamale, and Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait.
                 I. Love. Target!! Seriously what would I ever do without it! Die, probably ;). I went to Target because a lot of the drugstore brands have been releasing their Spring collections, and everyone is RAVING about them! I felt like I just had to try some of the things out.

First thing I wanted to try out were the new Maybelline Dream Bouncy blushes. And I just have to say, I LOVE them!!! First off, the consistency is the coolest thing ever. They are like a mousse-y, cream and they really are bouncy! As you can kind of see, I have just been sticking my fingers into them because they just feel sooo cool! These two colors are 30 Candy Coral and 70 Hot Tamale. Besides the awesome feeling, they are really pigmented, and are really soft. I really, really recommend these!

Another thing I have heard so much about, especially from Amarixe, or Allison, on YouTube, is the new Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eyestudio cream eye shadows. I was a little sceptical because drugstore cream shadows ALWAYS crease on me (even with a primer), but then Allison said that they were just like MAC paint pots, and I was sold. And trust me, they really are amazing. They claim to last for 24 hours, and even though I haven't done that, I had this swatched on my hand, and I took a shower and when I got out of the shower, it was STILL THERE. What?! I know! This color here is 45 Bold Gold, and it is gorgeous!


There has been SO much hype about the Revlon Lip Butters that I had to just get one on my own to see if they really were as good as people were saying. And I have to say, they are good, but they aren't Oh-My-Gosh-I-Need-To-Get-Every-Color-Or-I-Will-Die good. They are really moisturizing, and have a really pretty glossy finish, and this one in particular is pretty pigmented for being just a Lip Butter. I do really like it, but I'm not over the moon about it. I will get more colors, but I don't feel that you need to get this or you are going to die. This is in Peach Parfait and it is a really pretty shimmery, pinky, peachy color that looks good with my pale skin tone.

So what have you guys gotten recently? What new things have you tried that you think I should try? Thanks for reading! -Meghan


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you love the Dream Bouncy Blushes as much as I do!! All the gurus are saying they're too sheer, but the ones I have are super pigmented. Just goes to show you have to try them out for yourself!! Great blog, definitely subbing :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete