Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

My Current Skincare Routine!!



As I have said before, I have oily, very acne-prone skin. Yeah, it's really annoying! I am still not sure what triggers my break outs, but I am determined to find what it is. My diet? The makeup products I use? I am not sure. Now, this skin care routine isn't a miracle "Oh-My-Gosh-This-Stuff-Is-Absolutely-Amazing", but it has helped get rid of my current acne and it does help control my oily skin. However, I am ALWAYS open to suggestions because I still break out.
       Stuff I use everyday, twice a day:
  • Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam: Foams really well, and does help get rid of pimples. I have repurchased this item 4 times because it really does help, and it is the best I have used so far.
  • Clinique Clarifying Lotion in #4: My mom accidentally got this for me when she meant to get the acne solutions toner, but this is really nice. It really helps get the excess makeup off of my face, and again helps with my acne.
  • Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer: While it doesn't really moisturize my skin, I find that it does help control my oil throughout the day, but really it isn't a Holy Grail item.
  • Olay Complete All Day UV moisturizer SPF 15 (morning): A great moisturizer with SPF is all I ask for in the mornings. Just enough moisture to keep my face hydrated through the day (my skin tends to get a little dry in the winter), and with a good amount of SPF. Really recommend this.
  • Ponds Dry Skin Cream (night): Again, my skin does get pretty dry (but oily at the same time, is that strange?) in the winter so I got this because it days extra moisturizing. I use it at night because I find that it is way to thick to put on before my makeup, and would probably make me pretty oily.
  • Mario Bedescu Drying Lotion: This is the one thing in my skin care routine that I can say absolutely, positively works! It gets rid of my big zits practically over night. Completely recommend this to EVERYONE.
       Masks I use:
  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque: The traditional bright green slumber party mask that helps "rinse away blackheads". And it really does! When I wash this off (with some difficulty) all of my blackheads on my nose are gone. Really recommend this one.
  • Mario Bedescu Whitening Mask: No this isn't used to whiten my skin, I really don't need to get any paler! :) This is supposed to help lighten acne scars and dark spots on the face. While it leaves my skin really moisturized, I haven't noticed a huge difference. The biggest problem I have with my skin is acne scars that just won't go away! Does anyone have any recommendations?? I would be eternally grateful!
       Exfoliater I use in the shower:
  • St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub: While having a pretty bad rep, I say that it works really, really well. After using this, my skin is really soft and all my dry patches are gone!
As you can see most of the items are Clinique because after many trial-and-errors, I have found that it works the best on my skin. But again, I would be really happy with any recommendations for oily, really acne-prone skin. And for lightening acne scars. Thanks for reading! - Meghan

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I use it as part of my skincare routine too and I love it.. :)

    Check out my blog, I'm a makeup addict too :D
    Gardensofroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't see why it has such a bad rep. And I did and I love it! Makeup lovers unite! haha

    ReplyDelete